Monday, August 01, 2005

What the hell is this blog???

I know that I'm getting into this blogging thing a little late in the game and I've wanted to do it for some time...I just didn't have anything to write about.

Until now.

On July 14th of this year, my father passed away.

This isn't going to be a pity party (poor me....poor me....pour me another drink!). I just wanted to chronicle my experiences as I deal with the death of a parent. If you get something out of it, great. If you don't, that's cool too. But unless you die before your parents do or if they died before you were old enough to know what the hell was going on, you will be dealing with this too.

What I've found so far is that I didn't know a pain like this could possibly exist. I also didn't know that even with the death of a parent hanging over you like a black cloud, there is humor.

I don't know how long I'll go with this blog but I'm sure I'll be bouncing back and forth between the laughter and the pain of this process. The name of this blog comes straight from my father. Whenever we made a joke at his expense or if we did something that he didn't like, he would immediately say to us, "you are out of the will." He was joking of course. I'm in the will. My brother is in the will. And my wife and daughter are also represented in the will. In the end, nobody was "out of the will." But we sure heard that phrase an awful lot.

VW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home