Thursday, October 27, 2005

How to get great customer service

I was about to go out and get a Hawaiian shirt when the Commander volunteered to do that for me. But I was still going to need some pants.

The Commander went to the Block in Orange. The Chicken stayed at home with our nanny, Loopey. And I headed off to Men's Warehouse to find some pants that would go with a Hawaiian shirt.

(I briefly toyed with the idea of wearing shorts but decided that would have been pushing it).

The store was empty as I entered and an employee was on me in no time. He took me over to the pants section and I found a pair of linen pants that I thought would be nice.

I went to try them on and they worked but they needed to be altered.

"When can I have the pants ready?" I asked.

"Well...we're pretty busy right now. I guess I could have them finished by Saturday. Does that work for you?"

"Umm...no. You see, I was going to wear these to my father's funeral tomorrow."

"Oh, hold on just a moment."

The employee disappeared to the back and emerged with a tailor in about 20 seconds.

"Sir, we will have this ready for you in an hour."

While I changed back into my own clothes, I couldn't help thinking that I had just played the "My-Dad-Just-Died" card.

But I was pretty happy with the level of service after that.

VW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home