Monday, November 21, 2005

Ghostdusters - Part one

After most of my family left our house, I was talking with the Commander and my in-laws about what I needed to do next.

It is probably too soon for me to be thinking about this but I needed to start getting my father's unit of his duplex ready to rent out.

I know. It's only been a week since he died. How could I be ready to even think about this?

The truth is...I don't think I am ready but I don't have much of a choice.

I have a limited window of time to work at the duplex. I had made arrangements to take vacation through next Wednesday, report to jury duty on Thursday, and finally return to work on Friday.

I've got six days to pack up my dad's life.

I also don't think that Number 2 is going to be much help here. It is too difficult for him to be inside this house.

My in-laws want to help. Big Daddy loves this kind of work and my mother-in-law wants to be in the mix too.

And before we get started on cleaning and preparing for tenants, my sister-in-law (Nerdle) is willing to help me pack.

The Commander wants to help too but I need her to be with the Chicken. She needs one of us to focus on her.

Nerdle is excited about this. She is the Queen of Packing. A career student who has lived in 5 different states and 2 different countries, she is a master packer. She already has a plan of attack.

I'm glad she has a plan for the stuff but I'm worried about something else. I'm going to be dealing with some ghosts.

Not the Casper variety mind you.

The ghosts of all the memories from that house.

Memories that I can't get away from because I can't leave.

I'm going to have to face all of the memories and I don't know if I can.

VW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home