Thursday, December 22, 2005

Treasure Hunt

As a result of cleaning out my dad's house, I have found quite a bit of treasure.

Nothing of monetary value mind you. Just artifacts from both my life and my dad's life.

I had a red file cabinet in my dad's garage that still contained the debris of my teenage years.

I wouldn't have opened up these memories if it wasn't for my dad's passing. And I can't tell you how funny some of these things are. So from time to time, I'll share with you some of these items.

The first is a note from a girl that I pissed off if some sort of strange and vague way. (All the spelling and grammar errors are hers).

It reads:

VW,

I'm sure you outgrew the notewriting "game" a few years ago, but I can't face you right now.

If you think it's childish throw it away right now and you'll never know why I'm mad at you.

There isn't just one reason I'm mad it's quite a few. For one, ever since Monday you haven't been talking to me, at least before I was mad.

(alot of girls think the same)

I guess I'm not actually mad as in angry, just something is telling me that I should be a little bit angry.

(that may sound stupid but it's true)

Another thing before I go on PUT THE BOOK DOWN FOR A WHILE!!

I hope you found out what you wanted to know even though I seriously doubt it!

PS Keep it away from Mitchell, Emmett, Star, ect, or I'll really have something to be angry about.

Love, Staci

I sat in my dad's garage trying to figure out when this note was given to me. From the other people mentioned in the note, it was probably from the summer of 1987 but I'm really not sure.

I'm not even sure I know who Staci is.

I'm left with a faded piece of construction paper and more questions that I just don't have answers to.

VW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home