Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Moondoggie and Tripper Show

If it is the weekend, I must be back at my dad's house.

Big Daddy gets there before I do on Saturday but only by a couple of minutes.

He goes through all of the rooms and maps out his plan of attack for the weekend. I silently follow his lead.

Number 2 isn't much help with this work. He hasn't said anything to me about it but it isn't too difficult to figure out.

He hates being in this house.

And I don't blame him.

He finally told me that he saw our dad on the floor the night that he died. I'm glad that I don't have that memory.

Big Daddy gets me started in one part of the house and he takes the other.

We paint for an hour or so before being interrupted.

It's time for the Moondoggie and Tripper show and they are starting to bug the crap out of Big Daddy.

It's not even noon and Moondoggie has the latest WT beer cracked open. Tripper has one too. Moondoggie has now stashed a 12 pack in my dad's refrigerator. I think Gidget has him on a limit of beers that he can drink in a day.

The start a running commentary on our work - like the two old geezer muppets from the Muppet Show.

I'm out of the room when Tripper busts out an incredible lie to Big Daddy.

Tripper tells him that his younger brother was a famous sitcom actor that had passed away last year and that is how he got the Mercedes that he drives.

It takes me about 2 seconds to google this claim and find out that he's full of shit.

I no longer want to finish everything in this house to get tenants in. I want to finish everything in this house so I never have to see Tripper again.

The only thing now that is bugging me more than Tripper are the shelves that he built in the kitchen when his ex-wife lived here.

I'm wrong. The shelves aren't bugging me. They are insulting me. It is a personal affront that these shelves exist.

The shelves must be removed and destroyed.

This house won't be right until that happens.

I ask Big Daddy about removing the shelves and he says we can put that on the list.

I ask him if it can go to the top of the list.

He's looking at me funny now. He tells the Commander later that I got really adamant and strange about the shelves.

He's right. I recognize that I am off kilter with these shelves. But even though I recognize that, they still need to go.

Big Daddy takes a look at them and in an instant has the shelves popped off. A moment later, we have the shelves in his truck ready to be disposed of.

Tripper comes by later and the first question from him is "What happened to my shelves?"

I want to scream at him.

There's nothing in here that is "yours."

Everything in here belonged to my dad.

Not you.

Dick.

And now, everything belongs to me and Number 2.

VW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home