Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Church Ladies are Coming!

We now have a September 1st deadline to finish getting the duplex ready for new tenants - the Church Ladies are going to move in.

Number 2 first suggested it after he had talked to Mr. Stream (the family friend that led the service for my dad). Their church was looking for a place to rent for four college girls that would be "witnessing" at CSULB while not in class.

It was a good idea. I knew that they would take care of the place and the chance of them throwing a party that would thrash it was next to nil. It just wasn't going to happen.

So I called Mr. Stream and gave him the particulars about what I would need in order to rent my dad's place to them.

The hardest thing to do was to tell him how much the rent would be per month. I need to get the fair market value for the place but I also don't want to price them out of our place.

I throw a number out and Mr. Stream praises Jesus - that was exactly what they had in mind for rent.

I haven't told my Grandma yet that we are going to do this but when I call her I find out that she already knows.

She is crying while thanking me for doing this. These girls are a part of her church and she feels like some good is coming from the passing of her oldest son.

I hope so.

I really do.

VW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home