Saturday, January 21, 2006

N Town - part four

I know what the Mona Lisa is smiling about.

It's the wonderful crab cakes that they serve at the Norwich restaurant that shares her name.

We've got room for 25 for lunch and there are some people here that I do not know and will probably never know.

There's a fire place going full blast in this room and over the fire place is a picture of the Mona Lisa but something's not quite right about it.

Upon closer inspection, I see that the picture is actually a jigsaw puzzle of the Mona Lisa that has been glued together and framed. This place is class.

I spend most of lunch trying to keep the Chicken from making too much of a mess (I'm unsuccessful). The Fruit Loops that I boosted earlier and now mini-lifesavers for me. They keep the Chicken entertained and busy until her mac and cheese arrives.

The Commander is enjoying her time with her cousins. They are good people and always fun to be around.

The Commander's uncle tries to make a speech but I miss the starting point because I'm trying to keep the Chicken from eating food from the ground. I don't hear what he says but I know how painful it is to talk about your dad right after you lost him. I find out later that he showed up to the care facility that Big Daddy was living at just ten minutes after he died.

And then spent the next three hours talking to his father in that room.

Lunch is mercifully over and I can hand the Chicken back to the Commander. We are going to go back to the Commander's aunt and uncle's house but my father-in-law wants to make a quick stop first.

We are going to the cemetery where his mother is buried.

VW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home