Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Three Six Five

The Rabbi asked if I was doing anything on Friday.

It took a second before I realized what he was talking about but it finally dawned on me.

Friday will mark a year since my father died.

I had originally thought that it would have just been like any other Friday for me but as July got closer and closer, I realized one thing.

I didn't really want to be at work on that day.

I told another friend of mine that I was going to go ahead and take the day off and I shared with her the reasons why.

Her reply was filled with admonishment - "VW, you need to get over this."

It's a really easy thing to say to someone when you haven't lost either one of your parents.

The fact is she doesn't know. She's not in the club. She doesn't get it.

You don't get over this.

It just becomes less and less painful as time goes on.

So, I'll be at home on Friday instead of work.

Maybe I'll get a little nutty and you all will get another post.

VW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home