Friday, August 11, 2006

Just a Moment...This Might Take a Minute

After nearly a year of facing the dining room corner like a three year old that just received a "time out," my dad's 60 inch Sony Wega is back in operation.

He had purchased it (and a new leather recliner) just a few months before he died.

When Number 2 and I started splitting items of value up, he ended up with pretty much everything.

Except for the television.

I didn't have a place for it but I knew it would find a home eventually.

And three weeks ago, it finally did.

My family made the move we had been talking about and are now in a larger house getting ready for a new arrival.

It was surprisingly tough leaving a last home behind.

I couldn't figure out why but then I realized that it was the last place I saw my father.

I'll never be in the place where I saw my father for the last time.

As long as I was in that house, I could picture him coming through the door or sitting on our couch.

But now we are in a new place and his memory doesn't quite fit in here.

So I spent tonight setting up my Season Passes on my Tivo that is hooked up to my dad's tv.

I wonder what he'd be watching tonight.

VW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home